IEE Employer Fund – Edinburgh, East Lothian, Fife, Midlothian, Scottish Borders, and West Lothian

Capital City Partnership, is the Integrated Employer Engagement (IEE) lead across the Edinburgh South East Scotland (ESES) City Region Deal.

The Partnership has developed a small grants programme to support micro-businesses across the six local authority areas of Edinburgh, East Lothian, Fife, Midlothian, Scottish Borders, and West Lothian.

Applications are invited from micro-businesses that require funding to assist their business to trade safely under new COVID-19 guidelines in order to maintain employment, prevent redundancy or for staff to work from home efficiently due to COVID-19.  To be eligible your business must have either

  • under 10 employees or,
  • an annual turnover of less than £632,000

The fund can be used to purchase equipment, software or support deemed necessary to trade legally and that will support the retention of employees and contracts of employment.
Examples (but not limited to): – Laptops, iPad, printers, monitors, HDMI cables, Wifi/data dongles, desks, chairs, RSI prevention equipment, PPE.

You can access an application form via this link. The deadline for applications is 5pm, Friday 9 October 2020. Applications should be emailed to

Back to News


Coronavirus/COVID-19: Latest Update – Summary of Finance and Business Measures

This article summarises the business support measures the UK and Scottish governments, along with other NGBs and organisations have introduced as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak. Last updated 28 October: Coronavirus Business Contingency Fund (Scotland only) is announced offering support for softplay centres and nightclubs   For each measure we have listed the date of […]


Tax and Crypto Assets

2009 saw the launch of Bitcoin. Originally seen as being just for geeks and possibly hackers, crypto assets are becoming more common and even considered mainstream by many. HMRC has noted this increased interest in crypto assets. If you invest or trade in crypto assets and you pay taxes in the UK, you need to […]