Our services cover a wide range of accountancy and business areas. The combined experience of our 12 partners and 104 staff allows us to provide a proactive and reliable service in all the areas outlined below.
The bullet points are just a snapshot of what’s involved in each area. Once we get to know you and your business, we will tailor our advice to suit.
For a no-obligation consultation about any of these business services, please contact us.
Audit & Assurance
Our audit teams are hand-picked for each specific project based on their skills and experience.
Below is a brief summary of what we can provide:
- Audit of grant and other claims.
- Clear, constructive audit advice.
- Specialist audits required under professional regulations such as the Solicitors Accounts Rules and Members Accounts Rules.
- A value added approach where our team will work with you to identify improvements to your systems identified during the work
Get in touch to find out more about our audit and assurance services.
Our accounts section includes both a specialist commercial and agricultural department and we have a wealth of experience in this area. We have members of staff who are experienced in almost all industries.
Whether you keep computer or manual records for your business, we can use these to provide a full, value accounts preparation service.
Here’s an overview of the services we offer:
- Accounts preparation for limited companies, partnerships, trusts and sole traders of all sizes.
- Preparing business plans including cashflow, profit and loss, balance sheet projections and reports.
- Tailored accounts preparation to suit the specific requirements of your business.
- Regular meetings to assist you in managing your business and helping it thrive.
Please contact us to arrange an initial consultation to discuss your accountancy requirements.
Probate & Estate Administration
Did you know that Greaves West & Ayre is now licenced to carry out non-contentious probate services in England and Wales?
Historically only solicitors have been able to legally manage someone’s estate after death but now chartered accountants also have the legal authority to provide non-contentious probate in England and Wales provided they are licensed or authorised to do so.
What does that mean for you?
If you are already a client we know you; we understand your business and your financial affairs, we may know your family and have considerable knowledge about your background and history. We have spent a long time building a relationship as your trusted advisor and creating a plan for your wealth. That puts us in a position to make sure that your estate is handled in not only a tax efficient way, but with respect, compassion and in accordance with your wishes.
As Chartered Accountants our tax knowledge and experience of dealing with information in a structured way makes us ideally suited to efficiently deal with non-contentious probate and estate administration. Although time consuming and often challenging at a difficult time, probate is essentially a process driven service that deals with financial information. Our expertise and, in some cases, first-hand knowledge of the deceased’s tax and financial affairs simplifies and speeds up the whole process. This is why our fees for probate are often lower than if you decided to involve other professionals.
A business advisor that you trust and already have a relationship with can be a comfort and save you or your family unnecessary stress in the event of losing a loved one.
What is probate and estate administration?
When someone dies their estate must go through a process of probate, unless it is very small. It is the legal process of sorting out someone’s property, money, and possessions after they’ve died. In Scotland, it’s called confirmation.
The process can be lengthy and complicated and will require the deceased’s personal representatives carrying out the following steps:
- Locating the current will of the deceased
- Applying for the grant of representation
- Administering the estate, including liquidating the assets to pay debts and taxes and in preparation for passing to the beneficiaries of the estate
- Preparing estate accounts
- Distributing the assets to the beneficiaries in accordance with the will, or the intestacy law if there is no valid will.
For more information about our probate services please contact Roseanne Bennett by phone on 01289 306688 or email email@example.com
Timely and effective tax planning could save your business a lot of money. Why pay more tax than you need to? Lots of our clients come to us from other practices that haven’t been proactive in looking at ways to structure their business in the most tax-efficient way.
Our proactive tax advice for businesses of all structures and sizes includes the following:
- Business model and structure.
- Minimising family tax liabilities.
- Succession planning.
- Capital tax minimisation.
- Sale and retirement strategies.
- National Insurance Contribution issues.
- Efficient profit extraction and remuneration planning.
- Benefit in kind planning.
- Transaction planning.
For tax planning advice you can trust, please get in touch to arrange your free consultation.
Ensuring your business complies with HMRC tax regulations is essential – and that’s where many accountancy firms stop.
We provide up-to-date advice as well as implementing best practice across a range of services:
- Preparation of tax computations and claims.
- Preparation of corporate, partnership and personal tax returns.
- Working tax credit claims.
- Tax enquiries and compliance visits.
Don’t take a chance with your tax compliance. Get the right advice first time by contacting us.
VAT can be a complex area depending on your business type and structure. We have a dedicated team within the practice that provides the following services:
- Advice on VAT registration and de-registration.
- Maintenance of VAT records.
- VAT planning and advice on specialist areas, schemes and structures
- Property based transactions.
- Flat rate VAT schemes.
At Greaves West & Ayre, we take the time to understand your business and explain VAT issues to you in a clear and easy to understand manner.
Let us take the strain out of VAT. Contact us to arrange your no obligation consultation with one of our experts.
Our consultancy work is always thorough, honest and accurate. We can provide the following services and more:
- A business health check.
- Identification, advising and reporting on specific problems.
- Preparing independent reports for banks and other investors.
- Assistance in raising finance.
- Business acquisition and disposal investigation, reporting and preparation.
- Advising on tax implications and VAT planning.
If you’d like to know more about any of these services, please contact us.
Dealing with the payroll for your business can be a time-consuming task. With the introduction of RTI (Real Time Information) in April 2013, your business really needs to be on-the-ball when it comes to paying your staff.
Our payroll services department can take care of everything for you regardless of the size of your business, including:
- Arranging wages and tax liability payments.
- Provide advice on employee pension provision.
- Computerised maintenance of employee’s wages and salaries.
- Cost effective E-payslips
- Reliable advice on redundancy, statutory sick pay and maternity pay.
To find out more about how we can help with your payroll requirements, please contact us.
Business Support Services
We can work closely with you on a wide range of issues under the banner of “Business Support Services”.
We will take the time to really understand your business and the issues you’re facing. You will benefit from our years of accounting, tax planning and business expertise, but also our wider network of business contacts we’ve built up.
Below is an overview of our most popular business services:
- HR assistance with redundancy and employment contracts.
- Preparation of business plans and cash flow forecasts.
- Advice on the most suitable structure for your business.
- Help with selecting and setting up manual and computerised book keeping systems.
- Assistance with raising capital.
- Introductions to Business Angel Networks.
We offer a no obligation initial meeting to all prospective new clients. Get in touch if you’d like to learn more about our approach to any of the above services.
Company Secretarial Services
We have a separate company – GWA Cosec Ltd that provides our clients with a range of company secretarial services, which include:
- Completing and filing annual returns.
- Maintaining statutory records.
- Providing registered office facilities.
- Fulfilling the company secretary’s statutory duties.
- Holding documents in safe custody.
- Company search facilities.
Our proactive approach to these services allows you to spend more time focused on running your business.
Call us now on 01289 306688 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about our company secretarial services.
R & D Claims
Some companies may be able to make research and development claims if they’re eligible to pay corporation tax.
There are two R&D relief schemes available to suit different sizes of company.
In order to qualify for research and development relief, a number of specific criteria have to be met. Our expertise lies in assessing the following areas and more to determine whether or not a claim can be made:
- Eligibility of a specific R&D project.
- Maximising the claim on your behalf whilst still ensuring you comply with the rules.
- The amount spent on R&D costs.
- What individual costs are permitted in R&D relief claims.
- Dealing with the interaction of subsidies and grants.
To get up-to-date and reliable advice on R&D claims, contact us to find out more.
There are a number of reasons people choose to set up trusts, including:
- To look after the affairs of children.
- To protect family assets.
- Manage someone’s affairs when they’re not able to do so because of ill health.
- To pass on money or assets when you’re alive or when you die.
Our partners have a wide range of experience in managing trusts of different sizes and to suit many individual circumstances. When you choose us to look after your trust, we can help and advise with the following:
- Making the complex nature of trusts easier to understand.
- Help you protect your assets without relinquishing control.
- Assess the use of a trust in relation to will and family wealth planning.
- Ensure you don’t fall foul of the many pitfalls associated with poor administration of trusts.
To arrange a no obligation consultation on the suitability of trusts for your circumstances, contact us today.