Coronavirus/COVID-19: 23 September Update – Kickstart Scheme
GWA is delighted to be a recognised intermediary organisation for the Kickstart Scheme. This recognition allows us to play an active part in letting any of our local businesses apply for funding from the Kickstart Scheme.
What is the Kickstart Scheme? Earlier this month the government announced the £2 billion scheme, which is designed to help 16-24 year olds into work through the creation of high quality 6-month work placements.
Businesses can join the scheme, and receive up to £6,500 to cover each individual’s wages and associated costs plus £1,500 to help set up support and training.
Any business or organisation, private, public or voluntary, regardless of size, can apply for funding. If you are applying for 30 or more job placements, you can apply directly.
If you are applying for less than 30 job placements, Greaves West & Ayre can apply for you.
We will submit an application on your behalf, using other employers to create 30 or more job placements in one application. If you need further guidance to support your placements, our experienced Payroll and HR teams can provide additional direction and assistance where needed.
As an intermediary we will:
- work with you to finalise and submit your job placement specification
- manage all grant payments, with wage reimbursements paid at 2 month, 4 month and 6 month intervals
We must point out that unless we receive enough interest to collate a minimum of 30 potential job placements, we won’t be able to make an application on your behalf. We intend to have a deadline date of 16 October for people to get in touch. If we have not received 30 placements at this point, we will work with you to identify an alternative intermediary so your application can still continue.
There will be no cost to you, unless we make an application on your behalf. Should we make a successful application for you we would make a charge of £200 plus VAT per employee. This administration fee is to cover the work we would undertake to collate and submit your application.
As an employer you will receive a grant of £1,500 towards the administration and training of the employee. You would be able to use this initial grant to cover GWA’s small administration fee.
Key facts you need to know are:
- the Government will fund 100% of the relevant National Minimum wage for 25 hours per week, plus associated employer National Insurance contributions and employer minimum automatic enrolment contributions
- businesses taking on a Kickstart candidate can apply for £1,500 per job placement available for set up costs, support and training
- placements must be for young people aged between 16-24 years old, currently on Universal Credit and at risk of long-term unemployment
- placements must be for new jobs, not a replacement for existing vacancies
Other information that you need to provide can be found here on the GOV.UK website.
If you have any questions of would like to talk to someone further about this opportunity please email Kickstart@gwayre.co.uk or call 01289 306688.