Although accountancy and tax compliance services are our core strength, we take a more holistic approach to meeting our clients’ needs. When you work with us you can also access our Independent Financial Advisors and make use of our I.T. experience.
“Quality Advice-Quality Service”
These words lie at the heart of what we wish to offer as a firm and are what we stand for. Our partners and employees share a sense of pride in providing Quality Advice and Quality Service to our clients. In return our clients recommend our services to family, friends and business contacts, allowing us to grow both the firm and our reputation. We want our partners, employees and clients to feel proud of our success, knowing that each of them has played a part in that success.
- To provide proactive advice in the way the client wants, when they want it.
- To maintain traditional professional values, matched with a passion and ability to meet the changing needs of clients in a progressive manner.
- To provide a range of services at competitive prices for our clients.
- To provide secure employment in a modern working environment.
- To build and maintain long client relationships based on trust, independence and meeting our clients’ needs.
- To invest in ongoing training for our partners and employees to ensure we deliver “Quality Advice-Quality Service”.
- To keep up to date with technological changes to ensure we meet client needs as the world we operate in changes.
Our reputation has been founded on traditional professional values, matched with a passion and ability to meet the changing needs of clients in a progressive manner, and of course providing first class, reliable advice.
Many clients come to us because they feel their accountancy firm isn’t being proactive enough. If you want a business ally that will be proactive, advise on a wide range of accountancy, business and tax issues, and help your business to grow and develop, you’ve come to the right place.
- Get support as your business develops.
- Someone to turn to for advice and for your peace of mind.
- Our experienced partners will be able to answer your queries.
- Monthly fixed price packages are available to help you budget.
Who will handle your affairs?
- Because we’re a large accountancy firm with 12 partners and 104 employees, we’re able to match your business with the right people.
- You’ll be assigned one partner to look after your affairs and they will be your main point of contact throughout your relationship with Greaves West & Ayre.
- As your business develops and you need more help and expertise, we can double up partners so you get a wider knowledge base just a phone call away.
- We pride ourselves on having a very low staff turnover, which means our people are experienced and expert in their particular area.
- We also have regular partner meetings where issues are discussed in order to identify the right way to deal with any complex problems you may be facing.
Why use a Chartered Accountant?
A Chartered Accountant can be invaluable, working with you as a trusted business partner. CAs are:
- Professionally qualified
- Required to undertake continuous professional development to keep up to date
- Bound by a code of ethics to adhere to the highest professional standards
CAs who work in a practice and offer services to the public are:
- Monitored by quality reviews of their professional practices
- Required to have professional indemnity insurance in place
- Required to have a complaints procedure in place
- Subject to disciplinary procedures by their membership body (ICAS)
This combination of comprehensive training, experience and rigorous process are critical to the high standards CAs offer their clients to manage their finances effectively.
Read our guide to understand the services a CA firm can provide and the benefits to you and your business.
Because every business is different, we don’t have standard accountancy fees as such.
Providing our clients with good value is at the heart of what we do. Our fees reflect the time, skill and responsibility of the individuals involved in handling your affairs.
We are keenly aware of the need to be cost-effective and the partner in charge of your affairs will be pleased to discuss our fees in more detail with you.
Premier Protection is a scheme that covers our fees if you are the subject of an investigation by HMRC into your tax affairs. With HMRC investigations looking set to increase, we strongly advise our clients to join our scheme.
5 reasons why you should consider Premier Protection
1. HMRC are becoming increasingly aggressive in their methods to increase tax yield.
2. Premier Protection allows us to work with you, unlike some other schemes that appoint their own representative to work on the case.
3. We can work on the case for as long as required to ensure you get the best possible outcome, without you worrying about escalating accountancy fees.
4. You have access to a Business Support Helpline which gives legal, employment and health & safety advice to your business.
5. The scheme is backed up by a team of investigation specialists who are on-hand for advice and support if and when required.
If you would like to know more about our fee protection service, please get in touch.
As well as being a chartered accountancy practice, our individual partners also bring a range of additional skills, qualifications and experience to the firm.
As one of our clients you’ll receive a personal service from one of our partners who will be your main point of contact. We take the time to get to know our clients and their businesses so we can help with so much more than just accountancy. We see ourselves as a trusted business partner rather than just another service provider.
Visit our team partners page to find out more.
Greaves West & Ayre is a partnership of Chartered Accountants that is registered and authorised by The Institute of Chartered Accountants In England and Wales.
Greaves West & Ayre is registered to carry on audit work in the UK by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
Details about our audit registration can be viewed at www.auditregister.org.uk under reference number C005352083.
Greaves West & Ayre is licensed by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales to carry out the reserved legal activity of non-contentious probate in England and Wales.
Greaves West & Ayre monitors the diversity of its principals and employees. Details of the monitoring undertaken in April 2019 can be viewed here
VAT Registration Number
176 0865 41
Professional indemnity insurance
Our Professional Indemnity Insurers are:
AIG Europe Ltd and Nexus Underwriting Ltd
FCA Registration Terms & Number
Greaves West & Ayre Wealth Management is a division of Greaves West & Ayre, a firm authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for investment business (FRN 100825).
This Privacy Notice provides details of the personal data we collect from you, what we do with it, how you might access it and who it might be shared with.
Our Contact Information (Data Controller)
Greaves West & Ayre,
BERWICK UPON TWEED
Data controller email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What we do with your personal data
We process personal data only for the purpose for which they are collected. The purpose is dependent on whether you use only our website, or additionally, our services. If you use our services you are required to register and we collect your personal data. We use this personal data for the provision of the service or the performance of the contract. We may use your personal data for other similar purposes, including marketing and communications, but that will only occur in the case we have your consent or another legal justification for doing so.
What personal data do we collect?
The personal data we collect depends on whether you just visit our website or use our services. If you visit our website, you do not need to provide us with any personal data. However, your browser transmits some data automatically, such as the date and time of retrieval of one of our web pages, your browser type and settings, your operating system, the last web page you visited, the data transmitted and the access status, and your IP address.
If you use our services, personal data is required to fulfill the requirements of a contractual, HR or service relationship, which may exist between you and our organization in accordance with our engagement letters.
How do we look after personal data
We limit the amount of personal data collected only to what is fit for the purpose, as described above. We restrict, secure and control all of our information assets against unauthorised access, damage, loss or destruction; whether physical or electronic. We retain personal data only for as long as is described above, to respond to your requests, or longer if required by law. If we retain your personal data for historical or statistical purposes we ensure that the personal data cannot be used further. While in our possession, together with your assistance, we try to maintain the accuracy of your personal data.
We may host our Website on a third party provider server. In such cases, this party may receive or have access to your information. However, we will continue to be responsible for the use of your information in this event. We will remain the sole user of any information collected by us and undertake not to exchange or sell any such data with any outside organisation without your express permission, unless it is required to carry out our contract with you.
Newsletters and events
To subscribe for newsletters and other events we run you will need to register with us by supplying your e-mail address and other personal details. To unsubscribe from these you can e-mail us at: email@example.com.
How can you access your personal data?
You have the right to request access to any of your personal data we may hold. We reserve the right to charge a small fee for providing the data requested. If any of that information is incorrect, you may request that we correct it. If we are improperly using your information, you may request that we stop using it or even delete it completely.
If you would like to make a request to see what personal data of yours we might hold, you may make a request in writing to the Data Protection Officer, at the address above.
Where it may have been necessary to get your consent to use your personal data for purposes other than the services we have contracted with you to supply, at any time you have the right to withdraw that consent. If you withdraw your consent, we will cease using your personal data without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before your withdrawal.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by any distributed viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer or programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Unless specifically available as a download from our website, you are not permitted to copy, download or otherwise use material from our website without express permission from us.
Our terms and any disputes or claims arising from the above shall be dealt with under the laws of England.
Our Supervisory Authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint with any Supervisory Authority.
Our Supervisory Authority in connection with the General Data Protection Regulations, contact details are below
Information Commissioner’s Office,